The 2021 IDEAL Class includes 20 students at both Downtown and Clarkston Perimeter campuses; with 8 students matriculating towards degrees!
New IDEAL Courses and Descriptions:
- Friendships & Dating (16-week curriculum. Supporting students to understand types of relationships, healthy boundaries, communication, and sexual health)
- Self-Advocacy (16-week curriculum supporting students to find their unique voice, advocate for themselves and others, as well as understand different types of advocacy and opportunities to advocate)
- Career Learning Groups: film, acting, theater, design, art, early childhood development
IDEAL is now offering employment services through GVRA and private payment
These services include:
- Job search support
- Job development and placement
- Job coaching
- Traditional and customized supported employment
Congratulations to our 2020 graduating class - Deriq Graves and Breyan Pettaway!
Our graduating class will be attending the College of Education Ceremony on May 26th
Check out this link to the End-of-Semester Newsletter!
IDEAL in the News: IDEAL to be featured in an IEP podcast hosted by IEP California
IDEAL students have been engaging in recreational activities over ZOOM, learning new recipes, drawing, and painting, here are some pics!
IDEAL students have also been gaining new skills in their academic classes! Check out these videos created by our Production 1 students